Amin Talati & Upadhye prepares and prosecutes trademark applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, drafts licensing agreements, and litigates before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and federal courts. In addition, our firm assists clients in obtaining and enforcing trademark rights in other countries and in obtaining U.S. Customs Service protection against infringing imports.
We also have significant experience in litigating claims brought under the false advertising and misrepresentation provisions of the Lanham Act. We advise clients on measures to prevent and remedy unauthorized uses of trademarks as Internet domain names and in third-party websites. In this regard, we monitor and advise clients on new trademark laws and infringement theories that may prove effective against online trademark infringement.
Included among our firm's trademark clients are food, drug, medical device, and cosmetic manufacturers and distributors, telecommunications and high-tech companies, restaurant chains, authors, artists and publishers, inventors, clothing designers, professional athletes and museums.
Our Trademark Services Include:
- Preparing and prosecuting domestic and international trademark registration applications
- Assisting on initial selections of marks or designs
- Counseling on branding strategies and management for all types of industries including food, drug, medical devices, cosmetics and biologics, technology, etc.
- Assisting in trademark proceedings including opposition and cancellation of trademarks
- Policing infringement of trademarks, gray-market and counterfeit goods issues
- Counseling on trade dress protection rights with respect to product packaging and business establishment décors
- Pursuing claims of trademark infringement, dilution and unfair trade and competition
- Assessing and managing trademark portfolios